COMPETITORS & EXHIBITORS
Standard Rules & Regulations
*updated on the 07/01/2021 by admin
- Please make sure all your paperwork is in order before trying to enter an event.
- Your exhibit must be registered/recorded with any Arabian Breed Database to show at APAHO.
- The exhibit must be entered in the registered owners name. Please seek written approval from the registered owner and attach it to your entry if you are not the listed registered owner.
- APAHO members receive discounts so please consider becoming a member. See the Membership Apply page to join. Membership is NOT compulsory and you can still compete at our standard fee rates.
- To be exempt from Day Insurance competitors must be a member of either APAHO otherwise a compulsory participation fee of $10 per person/ per day will apply.
- Bullying of any kind at our events will not be tolerated.
- Interfering with another competitors property or horse will not be tolerated.
- Stealing of any property at our events will be reported to police and may attract police attendance and investigation.
- Correct ring etiquette needs to be upheld by all competitors in both saddle classes and halter classes, if we witness anything that is seen or interpreted as unfair play you may be penalized or disqualified at the ring masters discretion.
- Make sure you are familiar with our score cards before entering. Our scoring system includes penalties for things such as; excessive make-up, excessive face balding, whip abuse and intimidation.
- Scheduled events will not run without sufficient exhibit numbers, if this occurs competitors entry fees will be reimbursed. Please allow 14 days for processing as this is handled by a third party STRIPE. (We will not reimburse your stable hire at the SEC or other grounds, this is not handled by us)
- Closing dates of our events will not be extended under any circumstances as we have obligations to assorted contractors and venues that are necessary to be able to run the event efficiently. Shows are advertised and marketed well in advance so that competitors are better able to budget and plan for our events throughout the year. Therefore no extensions of entry dates will be granted and insufficient exhibit numbers will result in event cancellation.
- Please remember to personally thank your sponsors! We seek sponsors over a 12 month period to bring you the best shows possible, keeping our sponsors coming back is very important to us.
- Our shows are 'Exciting' we do have a lot going on from camera crews to large marquees and lots of props in center ring so please ensure you have prepared your horse adequately for this type of environment or feel free to attend the arena familiarization sessions prior to the show starting.
- Prize Money for the Jackpot Will now be awarded on sashing unless we offer an awards party where the prize money will then only be available during the ceremony at the organizers discretion and not before. Competitors that do not attend the awards party will forfeit their cash prize which will go back in to the Jackpot Prize Pool for the next show. Under no circumstances will funds be available earlier.
- Please leave the venue grounds tidy, please place rubbish and horse manure in the bins supplied at the grounds. In the event we are using open parkland, ovals or similar please empty any clean excess water on gardens, trees or lawns. Please supply your horse with either a secure tie method, float yards, electric yards or alike where pens, holding yards or stables are not available.
- Please be mindful we may have non horse people attending the events as spectators including young children, please take the time to safely navigate your horse through any public areas to avoid any safety issues.
- Our judges are to be respected at all times, the judges decision on the day is final. Should you have a judgement against another competitor please address your concerns to an APAHO official (ie; horse registration is in question or similar)
- APAHO reserve the right to combine, change or cancel classes that are not well supported.
- Class awards may consist of one or multiple of the following; cash, sashes, garlands, trophies, gift cards or sponsored prizes.
- APAHO reserve the right to include 'All breeds of Show Horses or Breeding Horses' to their events by invitation to compete in specialty classes or additional classes within their programs.
- The APAHO events are run for the worldwide positive promotion of the Arabian horse, therefore shows and events run by APAHO may be live-streamed by professional production crews, please check the shows brief before entering, do not submit an entry if you do not consent to yourself, your team and your exhibit being filmed or photographed.
- Some saddle classes may require a height certificate or an age verification check, please make sure you can provide proof of these on the day should you be asked by an APAHO official.
- All exhibits must be wearing their 'Exhibit Number' in the show ring. Numbers will be supplied in competitor packs.
- No refunds of entry fees will be granted for any reason other then by vet certificate clearly stating the exhibit was injured or unwell and was therefore unable to attend on the show dates, signed by the vet. Refunds upon a valid vet certificate will be strictly for class fees only, all other fees will be retained by the association.
- STALLIONS: All Halter Stallions must be handled by an experienced person aged at least sixteen years plus. Performance Stallions must be ridden by an experienced person aged at least sixteen years plus. Performance Pony Stallions must be ridden by an experienced person aged at least fourteen years plus.
- NEWCOMER: A horse that has not competed under saddle (with the exception of Racing/Endurance) in any State/Territory in which the horse resides and is registered prior to the 1st January of the calendar year they are competing in. A Pony that has only competed in Leading Rein or Miniature Turnouts and has not competed off the lead is eligible to be considered a Newcomer. A horse that has competed in breed classes under saddle prior to the determined date is not eligible to be considered a Newcomer.